Sunday, April 24, 2016

Event 2: Laser


LASER FEATURING TONI DOVE, TAYLOR AUBRY, CLARISSE BARDIOT, LAURA CECHANOWICZ, ERKKI HUHTAMO, MARCO PINTER, SHANNON WILLIS


I really enjoyed Taylor Aubry’s lecture on the future of our energy landscape. I am very interested in the use of solar cells meeting our energy needs for the future. I think it’s a magnificent alternative energy source that could eventually save us a lot of money. 
(solar cells)
Some of the other future technologies that she mentioned really caught my attention as well. She brought up glasses that will be able to show your mood. This will help kids with autism be able to identify how someone is feeling because they lack certain social skills needed to do so. Taylor also mentioned gloves that will be able to speak the words that a deaf person is signing. 
(Analysis of the sign language glove)
I think these are incredible inventions that can bring the disabled community closer to the non-disabled community. I am currently in a disability studies class and I am learning a ton about how under represented the disabled community is. I love that new technological advances are bringing them into consideration in their endeavors and attempting to make the world a more maneuverable place for disabled people. It is too commonplace to forget to accommodate disabled people. They are just as capable as everyone else if we give them the correct tools. These inventions are great steps towards a brighter future with a hopefully fading discrimination of disabled people as well as an energy resourceful earth. Though I only focused on Taylor’s lecture, I loved the entire presentation and was amazed by all of the incredible ideas!
(Professor Vesna and I)

No comments:

Post a Comment